Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Henrico County

Sighting #1

Year: 2005
Length of Observation: approximately 15 to 20 minutes
Location: Varina, Virgina
Month: Not Sure
Time of Day: 12:00 midnight
Season: Spring

Terrain: Some forest areas and open field areas where corn and soybean are grown. The forest is thick farther in and a creek runs through the forest. This creek has some banks as high as 12 feet.

Weather Conditions: The sighting occurred immediately after a bad storm. The moon was shining bright which aided in the sighting.

Lighting Conditions: Moonlight provided lighting for the sighting
Activity at time of sighting: Driving

Number of Witnesses: Her 16 year old son, her son's 19 year old girlfriend and another 21 year old boy.

Description of Location:
The site is known for its Indian Burial Grounds. Also, the Richmond Battlefield is within one mile of the site. A Bigfoot encounter was reported in the nearby battlefield recently. According to the account, a Civil War reanactment was taking place. One of the soldiers saw a creature that he believed was a devil due to the red eyes, he shot at the creature and the creature let out a loud moaning noise and ran off into the woods.

Animal Description: gray, silver in color, about 7.5 to 8 feet tall
Animal Activity: squatting by a creek

Description of Overall Event:
Patricia describes the creature as gray, silver in color. She describes the smell as a fishy smell, simular to being at a fish shop where they clean fish. According to Patricia, the creature stood . She first saw the creature squatting by a creek. When the creature saw that it had been seen, it proceeded up out of the creek and onto the roadway where she was. She drove up the road when the creature came out onto the road and stayed out of view of the creature for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. When she returned, the creature was again down by the creek, this time standing. When the creature seen her again, she decided to leave the area. She had three other witnesses with her that all observed the encounter. This encounter has been submitted by Billy Willard, VA Chapter of NESRA, in behalf of Patricia Kennedy of Richmond, Virginia.

Investigator Commentary:
Patricia described the smell as a fishy smell, like dead fish, A Bigfoot encounter was reported in the nearby battlefield recently. According to the account, a Civil War reanactment was taking place. One of the soldiers saw a creature that he believed was a devil due to the red eyes, he shot at the creature and the creature let out a loud moaning noise and ran off into the woods.

Sighting #2

Name: Josh Willard
Date of Sighting: July 19, 2005
Location: Varina, VA

Description of Sighting by Josh:
On July 19, 2005 at 8:41 pm me and my brother Tim actually had an encounter! It was unbelievable! I am going to tell the whole story... Here we go!It all started when we got a phone call telling us we had a fresh 2 week old encounter located in Southern Virginia. So me, my dad, and my two brothers and T Lancaster went to the area that the witness saw the Sasquatch. The witness' name was Patricia. She told us all about the Sasquatch she saw. She said it was grey, very broad, matted dirty hair, and had a dome located on its head. After we talked to her, we decided to go ahead and go into the woods. My dad and T Lancaster went in the middle of the woods, My older brother went into a large field, and me and my little brother went to the outer edge of the woods. Me and my brother decided to enter into the woods, and we saw nothing. We left the woods and called my dad on our phone, and said we were heading back. He said to stay and watch carefully. My dad said he saw a glimpse of something REALLY fast and REALLY big! He also said he became disoriented. So me and my brother went back, and after we entered the woods, we waited for about 10 minites on a stump. Then my brother said, "OH MY GOD!" I asked him what is wrong, and he just pointed! I looked and saw about 80 feet in front of us a VERY LARGE creature, with gray hair, very matted looking, and looked about 8 or 9 feet tall! And I have to say, when you picture 8 or 9 feet tall in your mind, it is NOTHING compared to when you see it! He also had a dome on his head. Then my brother pointed back at it and said, "Josh! It is coming to us!!!" I looked and he was slowly walking in a curious way. My brother wanted to leave but I tried to remind him that you do not need to be frightened! Sasquatch won't hurt you! So we got closer, and he stopped! We stopped too! Then he just sped down the ditch we were near! And then we went to the edge of the ditch and saw him squatting down ignoring us too! We called my dad on the phone and told him what happened. By the time they got here, it was too late! I will always remember that evening!

No comments: